Friday, February 20, 2015

Montage : Does Love Last Forever?

Media Arts Montage

Does love last forever?

Baillie Vyhnal

Friday, February 20th 2015

Materials:

photos from the internet

brushes

erasers

blending

color balancing

hue/saturation

Technical:

In my montage, I used multiple brushes to layer and add effect. I used photos from the internet, I cut out some parts of the photos and pasted them in my montage. I used hue and saturation and color balancing. I used two different pictures and blended them to make a really good background.

Idea or Concept:

In my montage, I wanted to portray love and ask the question: does it last forever? My idea was to have many reds, pinks and purples because those are nice colors that have to do with love. I wanted to have many pictures that were symbols of love. Throughout my montage, my idea changed and i ended up using many different soft colors such as blue, green, mint, pink, yellow etc. I ended up using some photos but not all of them because they ended up not going with my idea. I ended up adding different things and using more brushes than I thought I would use at the start.

Influences:

I actually did not look at any work to inspire mine, I wanted to have my own ideas and I did not want to copy anything that someone else did.

Composition:

I made my montage have many things around the outside, like a border almost. There were many layers. I believe that there were the same amount of things on each side.

I used a roller coaster to move the eye from the bottom left to the bottom right. I used little arrows, feathers and stars of different colors to make the eye go up to the right hand corner. I used three pocket watches to move the eye across to the top left hand corner and then I used the eiffel tower to move the eye back down to the bottom left hand corner.

Motivation:

I wanted to make a masterpiece, something that i thought was beautiful and i could call my own.

Critical Assessment:

I feel the the layering at the top of the page is the best thing in the montage, I like the look of it and how colorful and crazy it looks. I thought that the amount of layers that i had really made the montage come to life. During the process I was very surprised about how hard it actually was to find pictures. With additional time, I would change some things, I would change the bottom right, I felt that i had rushed it and it would look nicer if I had spent more time on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment